The Religious Social Action Coalition of Newfoundland and Labrador is planning a community event for Nov. 25 at St. John's City Hall to address wealth inequality. More details to follow. Please see the following poster for more details in the meantime.
From Public Safety Canada
September 1, 2017
St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador
Today, Nick Whalen, Member of Parliament for St. John’s East, on behalf of the Minister for Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness announced over $46,000 in federal funding to the Muslim Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (MANAL) under the Communities at Risk: Security Infrastructure Program (SIP).
This funding will support security enhancement work at the MANAL mosque including the installation of entrance and exit gates and posts, fencing, enhancement to windows, as well as monitoring and alarm systems.
Budget 2017 committed additional funding of $5 million over five years in support of SIP. The program helps communities enhance security infrastructure against hate-motivated crimes.
When combined with existing funding, SIP will invest up to $10 million over the next five years. Each year, $2 million will be available to help support not-for-profit organizations make needed security improvements.
Please see https://www.canada.ca/en/public-safety-canada/news/2017/08/government_o… for the complete news release and related info.
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
We are organizing an Eid Party for the children of our Muslim community from 2 pm to 4.00 pm on Saturday, September 2nd. The party will be held at the French School located at 65 Ridge Road.
Children will be treated with bouncy castles, carnival games and twisted balloons. Also, there will be pizza and drinks for all.
- Admission fee is $5 per person. Every body (adults and children of 2 years and older age) needs a ticket for admission.
- You may purchase your tickets in advance from Br. Moein Shahwan, Br. Abdelsalam Abughara and Br. Shibly Rahman on a "first come first serve" basis. We encourage you to buy your tickets early as there is a limited capacity at the facility.
- Please note that all children must be accompanied/supervised by a parent/adult throughout the event as this is not a drop off party.
- Also, the party finishes at 4.00 pm sharp and all are required to leave the building latest by 4.30 pm. Your cooperation on this will be highly appreciated.
Jazakum Allahu Khairun,
MANAL Executive Committee
Alhamdulillah we entered the month of Dhul-Hijjah. InshaAllah Arafat will be on Thursday (August 31st) and the first day of Eid al Adha will be on Friday (September 1st). May Allah (swt) bless our community and the whole Muslim ummah with a happy and peaceful Eid.
- Please note that the only Eid prayer will be held at 8.00 am on Friday at Sheraton Hotel (115 Cavendish Square, St. John's). (There will be no Eid prayer at the mosque.)
- Since Friday is a working day, it is likely that there will be some busy traffic on the way. So please depart from your homes early enough and arrive at Sheraton Hotel latest by 7.45 am.
- When you arrive, please make sure that you park in the designated parking area only. There is a 100 cars capacity parking lot at your convenience on a "first come first serve" basis. There is also metered parking which you may use at your own expense from 8 to 10 am. Please follow the instructions of MANAL volunteers to find parking space.
- Jumah prayer will be held at its regular time (1.10 pm) at the mosque.
Once again, we wish you and your families a very happy and peaceful Eid.